Tuesday 25 October 2011

Liquor 44

As my blog is called "orangemartini on food and drink" I thought it was about time I shared a drink recipe with you that was given to me by someone I used to work with and who knew my love for food & drink.
Liquor 44 is a lovely digestive drink which can be drunk with (or as alternative to) the after dinner coffee.
To start with you need a 1,5 liter (3 pint) kilner jar, sterilised.

Ingredients:
44 sugar cubes (approx 4 to 5 oz caster sugar)
2 oranges (each studded with 22 coffee beans)
a vanilla pod (optional)
a bottle of Dutch gin or vodka can be used as an alternative

Preparation:
Is very easy:
1. put the 44 sugar cubes in the bottom of the kilner jar
2. set the studded oranges on top of this
3. add the vanilla pod if using (not in the original recipe, but I like it)
4. pour over the Dutch gin or the vodka
Close the jar and give it a gentle shake once a day to dissolve all the sugar After 44 days decant & you will have your own homemade coffee-orange flavoured Liquor 44



No comments:

Post a Comment